Better vision also means more quality of life, as sight is our most important sensory organ. The eye is called our "window to the world" for a very good reason. In general, provided there are no existing or known eye problems, we should have our eyes examined once every two years. Although not a substitute for a comprehensive eye exam by an optometrist, the TSO Rosenberg Online Vision Screening Check will provide you with an initial idea of the current performance of your eyes.
How often should you have your eyes tested?
Adults (without existing or known eye problems) should have their eyes tested regularly
- between the ages of 20 and 39 at least three times during this period
- from the age of 40 onwards: once every 2-3 years
- from the age of 65 onwards every 1-2 years.
Children should have their eyes tested regularly by an optician:
- First examination: between the ages of 2 and 3 1/2 at the latest
- Second examination: before they start school
- Then every two years – even if they have no obvious eye problems – to ensure that the early warning
- signals of any deterioration in their vision are detected at an early stage.
- All premature babies and all children whose parents or siblings have squints or have highly defective vision should be examined as early as possible – between the ages of 6 and 12 months – and then regularly afterwards.
Schedule an appointment online at our Rosenberg, TX Texas State Optical location for a comprehensive eye exam for you and your family.