To Our Valued Patients and Community:
We are committed to the cleanliness of our practice and creating a safe environment for our patients, team, and community. We wish to ensure everyone that we are taking every precaution in our day to day operations to limit risks and reduce the spread of the virus in our community.
After much contemplation our office has made the decision to modify our eye care services going forward. We have closely followed the information released by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). In accordance with new CDC recommendations, all routine eye exams are postponed until further notice. We believe that these precautions are necessary and important to the health of our team, patients, and community.
To alleviate potential overflow in emergency rooms and urgent care centers, we want our community to be aware that we are available for all your emergent eye issues that may arise. This includes, eye pain, eye infections, possible foreign bodies, scratches on the eye, and any new onset of flashes of light or floaters.
Starting Monday, April 27th, we will be extending our limited hours with essential staff only. Patients will be able to pick-up their current glasses and contact lens orders, but we will utilize a curbside pick-up. Our office doors will remain locked, and we request that you call to have access to the office for scheduled appointments or to curbside pick up glasses and contacts. If you prefer, we can mail your glasses and contacts directly to you for a small fee. We realize that this may be an inconvenience, however, patient safety is the utmost priority.
- Contacts: If you are in need of contact lenses and your prescription has expired, our doctors will provide a temporary 90-day extension of contact lens prescriptions for our current contact lens patients.
- Glasses: If you are in urgent need of replacement glasses due to loss/breakage, we will continue to place eyeglass orders. If your eyeglass prescription has expired, our doctors may provide an extension of your most recent eyeglass prescription, or we may determine a new prescription when needed.
Appointment Protocol: If you have an appointment for medical or emergency eye care or optical services, we ask you to please:
- Notify us prior to your visit if you have (or have had contact with anyone having) any signs of fever or respiratory illness or any international travel recently.
- Attend your appointment alone, or when necessary you may have 1 person/driver accompany you. All other individuals should remain at home (or in your vehicle).
- Utilize the hand washing stations.
Rest assured that we are diligently sanitizing every area of the office that comes in contact with anyone (patient or staff) and that we are prohibiting employees in the office if they have or been in contact with anyone having any sign of illness whatsoever.
We will assess and adapt our hours of operations as needed and will update you regarding any changes to our business practices moving forward.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We appreciate your cooperation with the new measures being taken during this challenging time, and we are grateful for your trust in us as your eye care provider!
Current Limited Office Hours:
Monday, April 27th to Friday May 1st – 10 AM – 5 PM
Saturday May 2nd 9 AM – 1 PM
Monday, May 4th we plan to return to normal business hours.
Thank you and stay safe,
Dr. Roland Montemayor